Rodeo-Hercules Fire District News

New RHFD Images

View All RHFD Images


    img_28013_1 img_28012_1 img_28007_1


Link to this post
July 4th, 2000
Posted to Product Recalls by

Preventing Fires and Explosions CPSC recently issued a warning to consumers urging them to have a professional check if their gas appliances used uncoated, brass gas connectors. These old connectors are used to supply gas to appliances, such as stoves and clothes dryers from the gas supply line.

The connector can crack or break if moved even slightly, causing a gas leak, which can lead to a fire or explosion. CPSC knows of at least 38 deaths and 63 injuries related to the gas connectors since 1980. Consumers should not attempt to check these connectors themselves. Only qualified professionals should check for old, uncoated brass connectors and replace them with stainless steel in homes with gas appliances 15 years or older.